Several academic departments and research centers in the College of Liberal Arts (COLA) have moved over the summer and are starting the fall semester in new or renovated locations. Here’s a rundown by building of where departments and centers are now housed.
After the move of Paul College to its new home on Garrison Avenue, McConnell Hall underwent extensive renovations in preparation for housing several COLA units:
- the Department of Psychology on the fourth floor;
- the Department of Sociology on the third floor; and
- the Crimes Against Children Research Center, Family Research Lab, and the Foundation’s development team for COLA on the first floor.
Horton Social Science Center
- Renovations to the third floor of Horton have changed the location of the main office for the Department of Political Science, which will be room number 327 as of August 25th (the office is located in 125 until then).
- The Justice Studies Program has moved to a different office on the second floor, room 206, most easily accessible by the building side entrance closest to Holloway Commons.
- Prevention Innovations has moved to the space formerly occupied by Justice Studies on the second floor of Huddleston, room 202.
- Confucius Institute at UNH has moved from Murkland Hall to the first floor of Huddleston Hall, in the office suite formerly occupied by the Humanities Program, room 104.
- The newly created Department of Classics, Humanities, and Italian Studies is located on the third floor of Murkland Hall.